This policy sets out the basis on which YOOV Internet Technology (HK) Limited of 19/F, Rykadan Capital Tower, 135 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong (Company Number 2929525) (together with our subsidiaries, our holding company, subsidiaries of our holding company from time to time, collectively called “YOOV Internet Technology (HK) Limited” or “we”) collects personal data from you and how we process such data.
By visiting our website https://www.yoov.com (our “Site”) or using YOOV WORK Mobile Application or any other applications or software we provide from time to time (collectively our “App”), you accept and consent to the practices set out below.
- 1) Collection of information
- 1.1 For the purposes outlined in Clause 2, we may collect and process the following information about you:
- (a) Information provided to us, e.g. your name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card information and other personal description, by filling in forms on our Site or our App, or by corresponding with us, for example:
- (i) when you register an account with us;
- (ii) when you report any problem to us;
- (iii) when you use certain features on our Site or our App;
- (iv) when you request any support; or
- (v) when you complete any survey or questionnaire that we send to you.
- (b) Information we collect about you, i.e. information automatically collected when you visit our Site or use our App, for example:
- (i) technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address , your log-in information, , operating system and platform, etc.;
- (ii) details of all transactions, such as purchases and payments you made on our Site and in our App; and
- (iii) information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- 1.2 We shall retain the said information and data for so long as the laws permit. Data may be archived as long as the purpose for which the data as stated in clause 2 hereinbelow remains effective subsisting.
- 2) Uses made of the information
- 2.1 We use information held about you for the following purposes:
- (a) providing, improving and developing our services;
- (b) researching, designing and launching new features or products;
- (c) presenting content and information in our Site and our App in the most effective manner for you and for the device you use;
- (d) providing you with alerts, updates, materials or information about our services or other types of information that you requested or signed up to;
- (e) complying with laws and regulations applicable to us in or outside of Hong Kong;
- (f) responding or taking part in legal proceedings, including seeking professional advice;
- (g) for direct marketing purposes (please see further details in Clause 2.2 below);
- (h) communicating with you and responding to your questions or requests; and
- (i) purposes directly related or incidental to the above.
- 2.2 We may use your personal data for direct marketing purpose. We require your consent specifically for this purpose and you may opt out any time. For the purpose of this clause:
- (a) the personal data that may be used in direct marketing are those that you provide to us or we collect from you under Clause 1.1 above;
- (b) the type of services or products that may be offered or advertised will be our products or services, seminars, conferences or events, and those of our affiliates or business partners;
- (c) the relevant information may be sent to you by electronic messages, email, or in-app message;
- (d) you may opt out any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will cease to send you marketing information without charge.
- 3) Disclosure of your information
- We will keep your personal data we hold confidential but you agree we may provide information to:
- (a) any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- (b) personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services;
- (c) our overseas offices, affiliates, business partners and counterparts (on a need-to-know basis only);
- (d) persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws and regulations in or outside of Hong Kong; or
- (e) actual or proposed transferees of our operations (or a substantial part thereof) in or outside of Hong Kong.
- 4) Cookies
- 4.3 We use persistent cookies and session cookies. A persistent cookie stays in your browser and will be read by us when you return to our Site or a partner site that uses our services. Session cookies only last for as long as the session (usually the current visit to a website or a browser session).
- 4.4 We use the following cookies:
- (a) Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- (b) Analytical/performance cookies – They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- (c) Functionality cookies – These are used to recognize you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- (d) Targeting cookies – These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site and the information displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
- 4.5 You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you do so, you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
- 4.6 We may use third-party web services on our Site. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies (which are likely to be analytical/performance cookies or targeting cookies), web server logs and web beacons to study how visitors using our Site and making information displayed to be in line with your preferences. The information collected through these means (including IP addresses) is disclosed to these service providers. These analytics services may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the marketing materials of their own advertising network.
- 5) Third-party sites
- 6) Security
- 6.1 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
- 6.2 Any payment transactions will be encrypted using TLS/SSL technology.
- 6.3 You will need a password to login which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We urge you not to share your password with anyone.
- 6.4 We restrict access to personal information to our employees, service providers and contractors on a strictly need-to-know basis and ensure that those persons are subject to confidentiality obligations.
- 6.5 We review our information collection, storage and processing practices from time to time to guard against unauthorized access, browsing, processing or use.
- 6.6 Please note, however, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee complete security of your data transmitted to our Site; therefore any transmission is at your own risk.
- 7) Data transfer
- 7.1 The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Hong Kong. It may also be processed by persons referred to in Clause 3 above, when operate outside Hong Kong.
- 8) Your rights
- 8.1 You have the right to:
- (a) check whether we hold personal data about you;
- (b) access any personal data we hold about you; and
- (c) require us to correct any inaccuracy or error in any personal data we hold about you.
- 8.2 Any request under Clause 8.1 may be subject to a small administrative fee to meet our cost in processing your request, unless such changes is needed to alter due to our own clerical and input errors.
- We may amend this policy from time to time by posting the updated policy on our Site. By continuing to use our Site and our App after the changes come into effect means that you agree to be bound by the revised policy.
- 10) Languages
- In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese language versions of this policy, the English version shall prevail.
- 11) Contact us
- If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding personal data, please address them to:
Data Protection Officer
YOOV Internet Technology (HK) Limited
Last updated: 24/3/2022